Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Bullet of Truth: Know It, Live It

I am committed to doing as much as I can about all the issues facing our world but only inasmuch as I determine God is leading me to respond. Although I know my life is to be the answer to many problems, I also know my life isn’t the answer to all problems. I go with King David here when he said in Psalm 131:1, "Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty; neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me." What a relief! Knowing my limitations is my first great step to liberation; that is why I once entitled one of my sermons "The Liberation of Our Limitations."

On this earth I am the Master’s willing slave, His joyful servant and His obedient follower. My entire existence should be measured and standardized around what He knows is best for me to think and do. Our passion for daily living should no longer be determined by the "everythings" of the world, but by the "everythings" of God. It’s a thrilling way to live! One soldier cannot win the whole war. His is too limited. Yet he is unlimited when it comes to fighting his own battle. That is the only fight the Commander has ordered you to win!

No comments: