Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Bullet of Truth: Freedom in God’s Limits

While He was on the earth, Christ Jesus could have done it all! He could have done everything possible for a human to do – but He didn’t! This is even more true of us! We can’t begin to do it all … even think it all … and we shouldn’t even try. Let’s leave that to the religious fanatics and/or the self-acclaimed political saviors. For me, and I pray for my house, we will pursue only God’s "everything" that is specifically for us. I have determined that the "everythings" of the world are going to have to make it without me! And I hope without you!

"… don’t think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you" (Romans 12:3). Likewise, don’t think of yourself more lowly than you ought! Think right … think His thoughts … about who and what you are. Note our Lord’s pattern, "I do only what the Father tells Me to do!" (John 5:19, paraphrased).

The greatest Life ever lived on this planet was "gloriously limited" to doing only the "everything" that the Father wanted Him to do. Looking at how Jesus lived, you and I would be fools to try it any other way. Hence, our primary life decision should be to strive to do and be only the "everything" that He desires of us! Nothing more and nothing less. In my book that’s the truth and, frankly, that is life as our Lord intended life for us to be! The amazing "grace truth" here is that yielding to our limits will result in finding our liberation. "If the Son sets you free you will be free indeed!" (John 8:36).

No comments: