Thursday, March 20, 2008


Easter: “Forgive Them …” (Part 2)

The New Testament writer in the book of Hebrews states that none of us has ever been faced with such insults as Christ. We have been hurt but most of us have never bled! What made His forgiving so great was the depth of injury He endured, bitterness or criticism or all three!!

The power of our Lord’s life is rooted in His magnificent capacity to forgive. I know I need God’s forgiveness. I also need the forgiveness of some of you reading this. All of us need forgiveness. Not just once, but again and again. Life is like closets and drawers. There’s not a home anywhere that doesn’t possess a drawer or closet that is untidy, messy, cluttered or filled with junk. There is still a lot of clutter in my own life. I wish I could get rid of it all today, but I can’t. It takes time. In the interim my only hope is that people will forgive me for my junk or mess they see in my life. I’m really pretty stupid about some of the things I do. “They know not what they do.” The only hope for us sinners is forgiveness. “Father, forgive them.” Man, I like that!!

Have you been “crucified” lately? Why not try forgiveness? It’s the Jesus thing to do. Maybe soon you’ll need someone to forgive you!

Easter! Forgiveness!! Rejoice!!!

No comments: