Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Bullet of Discipline: Words, So Many Words

Words, words, words, words! Millions of then are heard and spoken each day. Most of them, routine words of necessity. Some are essential words of education or business transactions. Many are useless words of complaint, error, criticism or hatred.

As I look back over my life … and as I have listened to other sensitive people, I have come to the conclusion that one of our bitterest mistakes in living is “poor tongue control.”

It’s not really the words we speak but what they reveal that accuses us. The Scripture is right when it proclaims, “The mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” (Luke 6:45) James 3:2 tells us that the person who can control his tongue is a perfect man! I’ve never seen one of those “critters!” Have you?

No comments: