Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Bullet of Removing the Dross: Part 3

What, then, is the cure for the “soul wastes” of life? It is to know the forgiveness of God and to love and forgive all others! God’s love alone is the only way to eliminate the waste of an ungodly spirit. Purity of thought and action alone will bring freedom, peace and excitement to life.

King David gave us the answer to the waste of the soul in Psalm 119:9 and 11. “How shall a young man keep his way pure? By taking heed to Thy Word. … Thy Word have I hidden in my heart (memorize and meditate) that I might not sin against Thee.”

Sinning against God is as futile as trying to hold your breath against the air! It won’t work and it can’t last! Jesus came to rid the world of waste and recycle man for maximum meaning. I’ve let Him start on me … and it’s exhilarating! How about letting Him start working on you?

No comments: