Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter: Accepting Reality, Part 2

The Apostle Paul said, in II Corinthians 4, the Christians are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake. In other words, we must die to our self desires before we can live for God’s desires. What fools we are in our insane dreams to think our desires for our lives are grater than God’s desires for our lives! Creator ambition for us is overwhelmingly greater than our limited ambition!

The following little anonymous poem sums it up quite adequately:

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all, most richly blessed!

Resurrection is something like this! I hope you’re in on it!

No comments: