Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Bullet of Significance: Balance

Our life is one of extremes! Some days we are up and some days we are down! But, a mature individual lives most of his life between these two extremes. He is a balanced man. He knows about the bad but he keeps seeking the good!

Two of the greatest personalities of the Bible had their moments when they wanted to die … the Prophet Elijah in I Kings 19:4 and the Apostle Paul in II Corinthians 1:8-9.

As I write these lines today I have never felt better! My joy is complete! Yet, I know darker and more difficult times are still ahead of me. As a Christian, though, I know every testing, every agony, every hurt will leave me a better man if I keep my eyes on the truth of God. We need to remember that God tested Abraham and He will test us (Genesis 22:1). The man who conquers is the one who “doesn’t let his defeats defeat him.”

An old story tells us of a writer who was commissioned to write a motto that would work in every situation … good or bad! He came up with this piece of wisdom all of us quote … “This too shall pass!”

The Bible teaches us that every lesson in life comes to teach us two things … that there is only one true God and that, in the last analysis, He alone is able to meet our deepest needs!

No comments: