Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Bullet of Focus: In the Midst of the Mess

Frankly, I have great difficulty really understanding the motives and needs of other because I am increasingly aware that there is much I don’t understand about my own motives and needs. As I grow older, advance more deeply in the study of Scripture and gain experience in counseling scores of people, it is my conclusion that the balanced, integrated, truth oriented life is not an easy thing to grasp. We not only deceive others, but we deceive ourselves!

So what do we do? We begin with humility. My basic concern in life is to find my own place with God through Jesus Christ and to make my primary goal that of pursuing His Lordship over my life. It’s a long process! Even when we discover purpose and peace in the claims of Christ, it doesn’t stop the confusion in the world all around us.

Hence, I have adopted a four-fold formula of life as I combat the pressures of daily living. One, take your reading. Two, take your stand. Three, share your truth. Four, wait on God.

(Read more on this four-fold formula in our next post!)

No comments: