Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Bullet of the Word: A Meditation on Psalm 18:34

He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Psalm 18:34

I have always loved the phrase “He trains my hands for battle,” because that is what the true Christian life is about … spiritual combat! But for the first time the Lord arrested me with the promise that He will teach us to “bend a bow of bronze!” Most bows were made from wood and could produce tremendous tension that would throw the arrow forward with great force.

A bow of bronze can only mean the ultimate in power … if it can be pulled! The Lord whispered to me through this verse that He has given me a task to do in life that is equal in difficulty (or challenge) to a bow of bronze! I can only pull it off if I allow Him to put the force in me! The thought really lifted my spirits! All my battles and pressures have just been to teach, strengthen and enable me to “bend a bow of bronze!” Thank God that the Savior has chosen us to be warriors of power for the cause of the joyful Gospel!

No comments: