Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Bullet of Purpose: The Only FIX That Works!

We are always trying to fix things! In fact, we live in the naive arrogance that all things are fixable. There is always an answer or solution to the “things” that complicate, confuse and conflict our little plans of well being. This is a fake assumption apart from Christ.

The Father has fixed things on earth so that they can never be fixed by man’s attempts, strength or solutions. In a fallen world the things created by human evil are unfixable outside of putting everyone and everything “in Christ.” It is not in demonic hearts to ever want this, much less to let it happen.

Even the Lord Jesus didn’t “fix” the world. It was in as great a mess when He left as when He came … except for one thing … there was now a message and an example on earth of the kind of permanent FIX the Father had in mind to achieve His eternal purpose. The Savior didn’t even fix things for His own life. It was short, hard and ended in horrific cruelty.

Hence, the primary point. My highest purpose as a Cross Disciple is not to fix things so I’ll be happy … or to fix other people so I will be significant … but to so yield to Christ that He will fix me and I will be a pleasure to the Father! Each of us needs a total makeover … a way to fix ourselves. This comes from self-discipling. Paul said it well:

I have discipled myself so that in every situation I will be sufficient enough to fix my response to please Christ.” Philippians 4:11

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad I can read your wisdom! :o) Love from your first grandaughter---

Ashley xoxo