Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Bullet of Contentment: The Secret

The Christian life is a life of fullness and joy. Whenever a person comes to Christ, we don’t demand that he or she give up everything they have. We simply recognize that a New Owner has taken over the management of the life. The vigorous apostle Paul hit the heart of the matter. “Not that I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I find myself in. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.”

The secret of contentment is relatively simple. We must discover that the greater issues of life are not measured by possessions or influence or power. Contentment is realistic satisfaction. I know who I am. I know who my Lord is. And I have the full assurance that “my God shall supply all of my needs according to His riches in glory.” Any beyond that, everything I have is a bonus. Paul understood it and he live out his life to the hilt. And what about you and me? Are we content?

No comments: