Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Bullet of Change: Books, the Book and the Spirit – Part 2

In my counseling ministry, I have witnessed that the Spirit of God gives insight into the deep hurts that have caused the trouble, and I have seen Him deliver through cleansing of the heart some who have been bound for years in bitterness.

This is why of all the books I have read, the Bible has been the most help. I believe without a doubt it contains the words of Jesus Christ. He said that, “The words I speak are in Spirit, and they are truth” (John 6).

As a freshman in college I witnessed one of Americas’ great generals giving his last speech in the Congress of the United States after being released from office by the President. General Douglas MacArthur said that, if we are to be saved, “… it must be of the Spirit and not of the flesh.”

Jesus Christ said in Acts 1:8 that they would receive power when the Holy Spirit came upon them. In my own life I discovered, and am continually discovering, that I am powerless without the Spirit. Would I be too bold to suggest this might be your problem too?

No comments: