Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Bullet of Relationship: Don’t be Religious

In the past some people have referred to me and the church I pastored as religious fanatics! Me, of all people, a religious fanatic! Never!

First of all, I “hate” religion! Nothing is more boring, wasteful, misleading and deceptive than religion. The religions of man are the curse of the earth! Even the magnificent and liberating message of Jesus Christ has been corrupted and infected by religion and the religious. Religion exalts labels, traditions, forms and rules above the spirit of love, truth, joy and forgiveness! The former are necessary to the balanced life but without the latter they become the tools of enslavement!

But secondly, even though religion repels me, I am ecstatic about my personal relationship with the Father through His Son. I find loving God a most peaceful, settling, strengthening and satisfying experience. Besides, it is highly motivating and packed with wisdom. I am, to be honest, rather enthusiastic about it all! If the above confession makes me a candidate for fanaticism, then I’m fuel for the fire!

No comments: