Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Bullet of Difference: Love One Another

The mature Christian realizes that every other person who is “born again” is a permanent member of God’s family. Regardless of human differences, doctrinal emphasis or mental limitations, our joyful duty is to love them as they are where they are! In fact, just like our Blessed Master has loved us!

Are we greater than Jesus (John 13:15-17)? No! Then let’s quit acting as if we are! Think of “how different” He is from us yet He loves us unconditionally! Only the Christian who is immature, arrogantly prideful or a fool can set aside the Savior’s specific request and commandment in John 15:12 … “This is My commandment, that you love one another, Just as I have love you!” That’s a heap of love!!

We must follow our Leader and Lord in becoming experts at loving imperfect people! (That includes learning to love ourselves!) It saddens me to see a Fundamentalist Christian attack another because of doctrinal imperfections. It greaves me to see the Liberal Christian mock a more ignorant yet sincere brother. It wounds me to see the Charismatic Christian pridefully belittle others because they suppose they have “experienced less!” It’s all a drama of babies pretending to be giants.

Paul said “when I became a man I put away childish things … the greatest of all is love” (I Corinthians 13:11b, 13b). Of course everyone seems to have “their idea” of how to love. Here is where we must give up our own view of love, hush our ignorant mouths and diligently follow Christ’s example in the power of the Holy Spirit. We must be students of the Scripture if we are to possess the Mind of Christ! The Lord knows who is faking it, so do others, and deep down so do we, if we are honest about truth!

The world may divide Christians by personalities, by denominations, by culture or by doctrines but it is not so with the Father! From Heaven’s point of view there are only two classes of Christians. Those who love one another and those who don’t! I pray you and I are numbered among those who know the difference.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What impeccable timing for a timeless thought. God continually uses you in my life. Thanks, H

Anonymous said...

FROM HDM -

Jim,

Thanks for your encouragement! I hope to make the BLOG better and better! Let's stay focused on HIM!