Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Bullet of Success: How to Evaluate Potential

A man might fail twenty times in a day but succeed a hundred times! That’s a pretty good record. To judge him by his twenty acts of failure is not only short-sighted but stupid. A man’s sins are meaningless unless they are compared to his acts of righteousness!! In the first months of a baby’s life the mother and father consider the dirty diapers, the messy food and cries in the night “as nothing” compared to the potential of the little life God has given them. Those of us who can not see the potential in our fellow human beings and, instead, complain about their weaknesses are life’s greatest fools. We cheat ourselves and miss the purpose of what God is up to! In 1 Corinthians 4, the Apostle Paul sums this whole idea up with these words,

It’s a very small thing to me that other men should judge me or evaluate me on man’s standards. I don’t even trust my own judgment on what kind of man I am. My conscience is clear, but even that isn’t final proof. It is the Lord Himself who must examine me and decide. So be careful not to jump to conclusions before the Lord returns as to whether someone is a good servant or not. When the Lord comes, He will turn on the light so that everyone can see exactly what each one of us is really like, deep down in our hearts. Then everyone will know why we have been doing the Lord’s work. At that time God will give to each one whatever praise is coming to him. (Living Bible)

I’ve known some poor, pathetic souls who, no matter how good something is, will find something wrong with it. Yet, I have been blessed immeasurably by others in terrible situations who have discovered the good in it.

May God deliver me and us from that group of negative, sour, self-centered, bad-mouths who can always find something wrong. What they say or think really doesn’t make any difference anyway. When we all stand before God, He won’t show us the clips but the full film. Then and only then will we really see what we really are!

Keep playing the game, Christian. If you’re giving it your best shot and improving daily, it’s a “no seat” situation!

No comments: